1. Open Mail.
2. Click ‘Mail’ (located in the top left of your screen), then select ‘Preferences’.
3. A window should open, click the plus icon in the bottom left to add a new account.
4. You should be asked for your full name (this is the name associated with your email address, people who receive your emails will see this as the sender), your email address and your password. Enter this information and click ‘Continue’.
5. You should then be asked for the details of the incoming mail server. The ‘Description’ is for your reference and will only be seen within the Mail application, the ‘Incoming Mail Server’ is ‘mail.yourdomainname.co.uk’, your ‘User Name’ is usually your email address for this account and the ‘Password’ is the password for your email account. After entering this information click ‘Continue’.
6. You should then be asked about incoming mail security, leave the checkbox unticked and leave the ‘Authentication’ set as ‘Password’. Click ‘Continue’.
7. You should then be asked for the details of the outgoing mail server. Enter a description for your reference, the ‘Outgoing Mail Server’ is ‘mail.yourdomainname.co.uk’, tick the ‘Use Only This Server’ box, tick the ‘Use Authentication’ box and enter the user name and password for your email account.
8. You should then be asked about ‘Outgoing Mail Security’, leave the checkbox unticked and leave the ‘Authentication’ set as ‘Password’. Click ‘Continue’.
9. You should now see an account summary (an overview of the settings you have entered), click ‘Create’ to finish setting up your account.