1. Open Outlook Express.
2. Click ‘Tools’ and select ‘Accounts’.
3. This should open the ‘Internet Accounts’ window, click ‘Add’ and select ‘Mail’.
4. You should then be asked for your display name, this is the name you wish to associate with the email address(people who receive your emails will see this as the sender), after entering this click ‘Next’.
5. You should then be asked for your email address, enter this and click ‘Next’.
6. You should then be asked for your mail server information, the first box should say ‘POP3’, in the ‘Incoming Mail Server’ box enter ‘mail.yourdomainname.co.uk’, in the ‘Outgoing Mail Server’ box enter your internet service provider’s outgoing mail server (if you don’t have this information enter the same details that are in the ‘Incoming Mail Server’ box). Tick the ‘Outgoing Server Requires Authentication’ box and click ‘Next’.
7. You should then be asked for your account informationenter your user name (usually your email address for this account) and enter your password, then click ‘Next’.
8. You may now be asked how you wish to connect to this account, you don’t need to adjust the suggested settings, click ‘Next’.
9. You should now see a screen telling you that you’ve entered all the information for the new account. Click ‘Finish’ and you should be returned to the accounts screen. You should now see an entry in the list that matches the name you gave in the ‘Incoming Mail Server’ box. If you input ‘mail.yourdomain.co.uk’ in the ‘Outgoing Mail Server’ Box proceed to the next step, otherwise you can click ‘Close’ to finish setting up your account.
10. Click on the new account, so that it’s highlighted. Click ‘Properties’, in the box displayed click the ‘Servers’ tab, tick the ‘My Server Requires Authentication’ box, then click ‘OK’. You can now click ‘Close’ to finish setting up your account.